Let's face it, we all go through anxiety. Whether it is big or small. It is stressful and it is such a burden. Here are some good tips on how to improve anxiety.
1. If you are a coffee lover, you might be saddened by this point… Coffee is not suggested when you have anxiety. Try to cut down the number of cups you drink a day. Try switching to some tea.
2. Keep yourself hydrated. Your body needs water! Drink up, lovey!
3. Meditation is great. Give yourself some time to get used to it though. It will work, but you need to relax and decompress.
4. Exercise! It is always recommended, I know, but it is for real a great way to help improve anxiety. Take some time out of your day to walk around the block, take in some sun!
5. Surround yourself with POSITIVE people. If someone you know keeps bringing you down emotionally, it is time to cut ties with them. You need to focus on yourself, love. You will thank yourself later, I promise.
6. Figure out what makes you happy. Is there a specific place, song, book that makes you smile each time you think about it? Stick to it. Try as much as possible to keep doing the things that makes you happy. Even if it is just to watch a cartoon movie that you used to watch at the age of 5.
7. Take some deep breaths. When you feel overwhelmed, with too much on your plate, just remember to take a deep breath. Inhale through your nose, exhale through your mouth. Repeat this every time you feel anxious.
8. Sleep as much as you can! If you have trouble sleeping, drink a nice cup of tea before bed, or try listening to some relaxing sleep music! Lay on your back, take some deep breaths. Turn your phone off and eyes closed.
9. Accept that you can’t change everything. Not everything is in your control. Trust me, everything that is important for you, you will be able to control. If you can’t control or change something, it just means that it is the way it was MEANT to be, and you need to believe that.
10. TALK TO SOMEONE. You shouldn’t have to keep this to yourself. You will just make it worse. Find someone to talk to. Talk to your doctor, they will refer you to some great professionals who will listen to you. Sometimes anxiety is formed by all the problems we have all mashed into one and all you need to do to help reduce it, is to talk to someone…
I can't tell you to relax and stay calm, but I can tell you to take it easy. Take it day by day!