The best way to build the business you want, is by planning. Write it all down, and review it often!
Here's a quick fix business plan. Obviously, with anything, the more you put into something, the more you will get out, but if you have an idea and you want to get it on paper as quickly as possible, here is an easy guideline. Remember though, a real business plan takes time, energy, love and attention... and sometimes months to complete - seriously.
1. Determine your goals - Where do you want to see yourself in 5 years? How do you want your own local business to thrive?
2. What is your mission - Think to yourself about the reasons why you are starting this business, and what is the purpose?
3. What do you bring to the market - No two businesses are exactly the same. Realize the reasons why your business is unique, whether a product or service!
4. Who are your target customers - Write down all the potential customers you think you will have, they may come from multiple sources or have different needs.
5. Your desired income - What do you imagine your business's ongoing income will be immediately after launch, in six months, and in one year?